Edited by Flickety, Maluniu, Jonathan E., VaNDAL and 10 others
Want to role play, but don't have the money? Or D&D and World of Warcraft are just not your thing? Here's how to write your own role playing (paper and pencil) game rules. Anyway, if you long to role-play, then use this to write your own game.
- The amount of dice you use is just a suggestion; you don't even need dice if you want the game master to have more power.
- Buy a three ring binder and print rules on notebook paper (already hole-punched) that way, it fits right for your printer into the binder. Later on you can publish your works on the internet, there are even a few self publishers that publish your stuff automatically, for free, then you can buy copies of your book.
- If you don't want the players to use character sheets to write their character's stats on, keep in mind that they need some way to write their character's statistics.
- When the players have to calculate their character's statistics, it's suggested to do a dice roll.
- Please note that if your game is not popular enough, don't go through with the last step. It's tempting, but it will just be a waste of time if nobody likes your game.
Things You'll Need
Sources and Citations
Categories: Role Playing Games
Recent edits by: BR, Dr Johnson, Blizzerand